So, I'm going to try to be positive! I'll start by listing all the things that I've been loving lately, in no particular order:
|Wedge with a bit of lipstick|
1) My lovable, derpy cat, Wedge (above). He makes me laugh every day!
2) Every other Friday off from work. Hallelujah! This is going to spoil me for future jobs.
3) My iRobot Roomba 770. $500 for a vacuum?! Well, it's super convenient, sucks up a lot of cat hair, and lengthens the amount of time you can go between actual vacuuming. It has changed my life. Also, ain't nobody got time for vacuuming. At least I don't. If there were a robot that could fold laundry, my life would be set forever.
4) BECCA The One Perfecting Brush. I think that a lot of people hate it, but I personally looove it. It really cuts down on the time it takes to put on make-up before work. I use it for foundation, highlight, contour, and blush, which might make some people grossed out. But it works for me. It's a really dense brush, so it does take a while to dry after cleaning. I used to use the beauty blender sponge to apply foundation before this, but the BECCA brush is faster. I think that I'll continue to use the beauty blender sponge plus separate brushes for blush and stuff for fancier occasions.
5) Birchbox! The above picture shows what I got in this month's box. I really liked the Temptu highlighter and the Noir eyeliner pencil (so smooth!). Last month's box was even better! I got a large "sample" of a ModelCO bronzer that I've been using lately, Amika dry shampoo (my new favorite), Laura Mercier eye gel creme, and hello breath spray. It's like getting a present every month.
6) Dry Shampoo! This is a lifesaver for those days that I don't want to wash my hair. Ew, I know. But sometimes I just need that extra 15 minutes to sleep. Dry shampoo is amazing! Also, is it just me or does 2nd day hair look awesome? At least that's what I'm telling myself.
7) My supervisor. I feel like I'm taking over a pretty crappy program, but my supervisor seems to be very understanding and tries to help me whenever I hit a dead end. Sometimes I want to give up, but then I think about how things would be worse if I had a bad supervisor. So, thanks for being a really cool lady!
8) Line app. My parents just moved to Okinawa, Japan a couple weeks ago for a new job that my dad got and I am able to call and video chat with them through this app (for free!). I guess it's a lot like Skype, but my parents chose to use Line instead. So thankful to be able to talk to my parents who are halfway around the world. Technology is amazing!
9) LOFT work pants! They recently had a 50% off sale, so I got two more work parts in the Marisa and Zoe fit. And this time in my right size! (They run super big, so I had to size down). They're a flattering fit and a pretty good price when they're on sale. Luckily, I can wear jeans to work, but sometimes I want to dress up a little, even if it's just for work.
10) Last, but not least: my husband! He's working full-time, too, but also attending school in the evenings to get his bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. I feel like he has it worse than me, but he still listens to me vent about work and how I'm always tired and whatever else that I want to complain about. He's also super cool with eating take-out for dinner. Thanks for putting up with the two spoiled brats (me and my cat) in the house!
What sort of things are you guys loving lately? :) I feel so out of the loop!